First Contact Physiotherapists also known as Musculoskeletal Specialists
Here at Central South PCN we have a team of First Contact Physiotherapists. They can help patients with musculoskeletal disorders (MSD’s) such as:
- Any spinal issues (e.g. neck, mid and lower back pain)
- All soft tissue injuries: e.g. sprains, strains, muscles, or bone, e.g. tennis elbow, carpal tunnel syndrome, achilles tendinopathy or sports injuries
- Any other type of joint pain
- Arthritis – (any joint)
- Assess and diagnose the issue
- Give expert advice on how best to manage the condition
- Refer patients onto specialist services if necessary
(Patients with back and joint pain, including conditions such as arthritis can now see a physiotherapist rather than waiting to see a GP or being referred to hospital).
Patients have quicker access to diagnosis and treatment, helping them to manage their conditions more effectively and recover faster, so they can get back to normal life quickly.
Our team of first contact physios, Mic and Rao, are here to help you.
Watch the following video for further advice on When to see your First Contact Practitioner